CLIO 12 is the Next Step forward in the CLIO software family of products for the CLIO System, building up the well-known CLIO 11 measurement suite.
The CLIO System with CLIO 11 software is a complete audio and electro-acoustic measurement instrument that gives state-of-theart solutions to laboratory, on-field and production-QC applications. CLIO 12 is designed to support and drive the existing hardware like the FW-02 Audio interface and is ready to accommodate its future developments; operating system support has been extended to the latest Windows 10.
A brief description of some new features present in CLIO 12 is given:
- New hardware Audiomatica FW-02 USB Interface (24 bit @ 192kHz)
- New USB hardware driver Windows 10 fully compatible
- New installer package
- Main menu & system features:
- Import of CLIO pocket measurements
- Acoustical Parameters menu:
- Indirect STI post-processing tool
- Direct STIPA measurement tool
- Time Frequency Analysis menu:
- New Cycle Wavelet processing
- New Quality Control graphics management feature
CLIO 12 is a system: it is including the Audiomatica CLIO FW-02 interface as hardware and it is running the CLIO 12 STND Standard Software or CLIO 12 QC Quality Control (which has also extended features not only related to Quality Control). These two parts (hardware plus software) can not function separately.
The FW-02 USB Audio Interface sets new hardware precision standards for the CLIO System.
CLIO 12 Software is the new measurement software for the CLIO System. CLIO 12 software is fully compliant with XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Compared to other measurement systems, CLIO 12 concentrates the power of many different instruments into a single one.
Three different measurement techniques are available for system identification and characterization:
MLS & LogChirp analysis using either pseudorandom noise or logarithmic chirps as stimuli
Sinusoidal Sweeps using sinusoidal signals
FFT, RTA and ‘Live’ Transfer Function letting you the choice of any stimulus, even music.
While other instruments offer one single possible measurement choice, CLIO 12 permits you to view the physical phenomenon like frequency response, impedance or other parameters, from different points of view. The final result will be then validated by the consistency of these measurements: as any expert technician knows, this is the correct approach that should always be adopted.
The following specialized control panels are dedicated to other specific measurements:
- Linearity and Distortion measures the non linear behavior of an electronic equipment
- Sound Level Meter a IEC61672 integrating sound level meter with Leq and frequency analysis
- Interactive L-C-R Bridge permits passive components measurement on the fly
- Wow&Flutter Meter with time and frequency analysis
- Frequency Counter
- Direct STIPA rating
Beyond measured results you get sophisticated post-processing tools for:
- Thiele&Small Parameters for loudspeaker characterization
- ISO 3382 Acoustical Parameters, indirect STI and STIPA for rooms and auditoria characterization
- Directivity analysis for loudspeaker as 2D Color maps, Circular or waterfall-like plots or 3-D Balloons analysis (only in QC version) for complete spatial characterization
- Time-Frequency Analysis to evaluate Cumulative Spectral Decays, Energy Time Frequency, Wavelet Analysis and Cycle Wavelet Analysis. Either as 3D plots or Color Maps.
- Loudness Rating Calculator for assessing RLR, SLR and STMR (only in QC version)
Using all the aforementioned measuring and post-processing techniques it is possible to tailor powerful Quality Control scripts that will manage and identify any production line of electronic or electro-acoustic devices.
SOFTWARE RELEASES AND VERSIONS
CLIO 12 STANDARD: Laboratory grade software with most of the features present.
CLIO 12 QC: Adds a Quality Control Processor for state-of-the-art testing and controlling a production line; also adds some particular applications like 3D measurement analysis.
|CLIO 12 MAIN FUNCTIONALITY||STANDARD VERSION||
|MLS & LOG CHIRP|
|TIME FREQUENCY ANALYSIS|
|ACOUSTICAL PARAMETERS, STI/STIPA|
|FFT, RTA&LIVE TRANSFER FUNCTION|
|1-D TURNTABLE CONTROLS|
|3-D TURNTABLE CONTROLS|
|QC SCRIPT PROCESSOR|
|WINDOWS AUDIO DEVICES CONTROLS|
(*) Available only for 32 bit OS
The Quality Control software extension for CLIO is a powerful suite for executing state of the art production line testing.
CLIO QC is able to test the production of loudspeakers, drivers, microphones, amplifiers and any other electroacoustic device.
CLIO QC can interact with external hardware or production line controllers in addition to PC peripherals, computer networks or with custom written software to implement a fully automatic test line.
CLIO QC can be configured to act as a measurement server. It is possible to easily integrate the sophisticated QC measurement techniques of CLIO inside custom written applications. Interaction takes place with TCP/IP transfer protocol giving the possibility of remote control over a network. Compared to other measurement systems, CLIO 12 concentrates the power of many different instruments into a single one.